Technology has radically changed the way we protect our homes. What was previously only possible in Sci-Fi movies is now gradually becoming reality. The digital revolution has made its way into our homes.
1. Remote Monitoring: Remote monitoring is a great way to keep an eye on the home when you are at school or work, or on your second home. Even if you are vacationing on a beach miles away, you can still receive real time videos and photos of what is going on at home. Some of the features monitoring systems now provide include the ability to arm and disarm security systems, send fire or intrusion alerts, and stream security camera feeds.
2. Smart Door Locks: Perhaps one of the best new features in home security tech is the advent of the smart lock. These locks can detect your presence automatically using Bluetooth in your smartphone or keyfob and unlock the door for you. The best digital door locks will also connect to your home automation system and inform other devices such as the smart thermostat that you are away and to enter into energy-saving mode. While Bluetooth locks are more secure, they have fewer features. Wi-Fi locks on the other hand have more functionality, such as the ability to see if the door is locked in real-time. However, the connection to the Internet also makes Wi-Fi locks more vulnerable to online security breaches.
3. Home Sensors: There are numerous premium home security kits available now that will be able to sense your presence and open or close the door automatically. Home sensors can be installed on doors and windows and use motion detection, winks, and waves to determine your identity. They can be controlled from a smart phone or tablet easily. Additionally, home sensor kits detect movement in hallways and rooms. When armed, motion triggers will be sent to your smart device by text or email. This way, if anyone attempts to break in, you will be alerted right away. Many home sensors also feature indoor sirens that provide visual and audio warnings when a triggering event occurs.
4. Smart Garage systems: Controlling your garage is easier than ever with smart garage systems. They work by plugging a network adapter into your home router, and then registering the unit with a provider. Then, you can use the app to control the garage door with your iOS or Android device, allowing people to get in and out of the garage when you are not at home. This means you don't have to hide the key under a rock anymore. These systems will also let you know how long the garage door has been open, and come with motion sensors to protect young children and pets who might be crossing in or out of the garage while the door is being closed.
5. Fingerprint scanners: Once a futuristic fantasy for sci-fi lovers, fingerprint scanning is now becoming available to anyone of any socioeconomic background, as long as you have a smart phone or tablet. While the technology is still nascent, fingerprint scanning devices are quickly gaining momentum. Fingerprint door locksare also becoming increasingly widely used, and could be good alternative to the aforementioned WIFI or bluetooth door locks.
6. Smart cameras: Home security cameras are cheaper, easier to install, and smarter than ever. Now that modern smart cameras come with Wi-Fi connectivity, you can stream live feeds of what is going on at home easily. You can also save these feeds to the cloud so you can review them later on should there be a need to.
7. Complete home automation systems: There are also complete home automation systems that allow you to control locks, lights, thermostats and security cameras all from your smartphone or tablet. The best thing is that you don't even have to be at home to do so.
Article originally published by The Huffington Post on October 19, 2015.
yeah!I agree with you!Homelink Garage Door Parts is the most widely used parts to open and close garage door in an automated way.It's using is quite convenient, easy and safe.It's good for security of garage doors.ReplyDelete
Thanks for publishing such great information. You are doing such a great job. This information is very helpful for everyone. Keep it up. Thanks. Locksmith Baltimore CountyReplyDelete
You have mentioned here great information here about fire alarm systems. I would like to say this is a well-informed article and also beneficial article for us. Keep sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.ReplyDelete